- This event has passed.
September – BUNKO BONANZA – POTLUCK
September 16, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 3:30 pm$10
BUNKO BONANZA (POTLUCK) Marian Hall
Rules and Scoring
- BUNKO can be played with any number of players grouped at 4 players per at table.
- The players at each table are divided into teams of 2 who play against the opposition at the table.
- BUNKO is played with 3 dies, a scoring sheet and a pencil for each player.
- There are 2 games played to determine the winner with each BUNKO game comprised of 10 rounds.
- At commencement of each game, a player at Table 1, the assigned BUNKO table, rolls a die and to establish which number, (between 1 and 6 displayed on the die), is the BUNKO number.
- The 1st team at the assigned BUNKO table to attain a score of 21 points calls BUNKO and that game is ended.
- The winning team at each table based on points scored then rotates to the next table in ascending order. If there are 10 tables, the winning team at table 10 rotates to Table 1 and the winning team from Table 1 rotates to table 2.
- At the beginning of the next round, partners are changed and compete against each other with their new team member.
How to score:
Let us assume the die cast registers number 4, this becomes the BUNKO number for the 1st round.
To select who commences play at each table is determined by each player at the table rolling a die and the player with the highest die roll number becomes the 1st player at each table for round 1.
The 1st player at each table rolls the 3 dies and should the number 4 be rolled on 1 of the 3 dies, the player and their partner score 1 point each. The player continues to roll the 3 dies at long as each die produces the assigned BUNKO number 4 for that round.
Should the player roll 2 of the 3 dies with the number 4, the player and their partner score 2 points. The player continues to roll the 3 dies.
Should the player roll the number 2 (for example) on all 3 dies, the player and their partner score 6 points. The player continues to roll the 3 dies.
Should the player roll the number 4 on all 3 dies, the player and their partner score 21 points. The player continues to roll the 3 dies.
Should the player roll the 3 dies and not roll the number 4 then the dies are passed to the left to the next player.
The same process is repeated until a player at Table 1, the BUNKO table calls BUNKO to end the current round.
All teams then total their scores for that round and the 2 winners rotate to the next table in sequence.
At the end of 10 rounds, Game 1 is completed and following a break, Game 2 commences.
After both Games are completed each player total their individual scores.
The winner is the player with the highest total score.